Monday, October 22, 2007
Deja Vu
As all of you remember 4 years ago the cedar fire ripped through our neighboring community Scripps Ranch where my parents lived and where I resided for a few years before I got married. Well in four days it will be the anniversary of those fires and I am sitting exactly where I was four years ago, my moms work here in Miramar. This morning we spent glued to the tv watching the devastation that fires bring to our lives. We sat there thinking that we were out of danger, how could it possibly touch our lives once again? Realization set in when I got a sobering phone call from Sage telling me that the parents of our best friends Kim & Nicky lost their beautiful home in Highland Valley. They lost everything. And in some ways I feel like Kim & Nicky lost also, childhood or teen memories good and bad. I love you Kim and Nicky, we are praying for you and your Dad and Dena. When Garon and I received that news we started packing, pictures, papers, handy-cam videos, everything that meant one iota to us. Thank god Wyatt was napping because we were able to get it done quite quickly. Gabrielle on the other hand was very scared and wanted to take everything that had memories for her even if it meant bringing her rock collection, our words to her were bring anything that is not replaceable. Let's just say she has alot of irreplaceable stuff. So we packed everything up and set it by the front door just in case. Just in case we woke up in the middle of the night with our neighborhood on fire we could grab and run. Grab and go? WTF! I hate this, I hate this! I hate that people are devastated by this, I hate that people are getting hurt or will get hurt. I have been on the internet looking at houses and jobs in far away places. Places that won't have fires that take away homes and lives. So here I sit, after being sent away by my husband to safer ground, with two kids and two dogs. Four years ago I sat at this computer pregnant with Wyatt and little old Baby (RIP), in my lap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment