Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Sunscreen anyone?
About a month and a half ago I had what was supposed to be my semi-annual skin check at the dermatologist, well it had turned out I waited about two years. Okay so I was just a little behind. I went, had a few moles removed and then got the fateful call, you need to come back in so we can remove all the surrounding areas of your "Severely Atypical mole". I made the appointment they suggested to wait until after vacation for some odd reason, I mean this mole couldn't have been bigger than a ladybug. Now comes yesterday, G takes me at the request of my mother who has been through it a couple of times, than god. They usher me into a semi-surgical room and proceed to tell G if he feels faint just to step outside and on and on about the recovery of about two weeks no lifting and strenuous moves. WHAT! What have I got myself into? I laid down and they started shooting me with numbing stuff and said it might take awhile, yeah awhile, so after a bunch of cutting, digging cottering, and way more digging the were ready to sew me up inside stiches and outside stitches. By nighttime a felt like someone had stabbed me in the back and sleeping was a way bigger issue, it was horrible especially because the pain meds gave me a little stomach ache to boot. While laying there in agony and not being able to just close my eyes and fall asleep, I thought "Why didn't I just put on that damn sunscreen?" So my question to all of you is, have you made your skin check appointments and have you stocked up on the sun goo for the upcoming sunny season for not only your kids but YOU?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment